Bank of Punjab CEO Zafar Masud amongst two survivors of PIA airplane crash


KARACHI: Bank of Punjab Chief Executive Officer Zafar Masud was among the many two survivors after a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) airplane crashed on Friday in a residential space near the metropolis’ Jinnah International Airport.

Masud was among the many 98 individuals travelling in Karachi-bound PIA flight PK-8303 from Lahore, which crashed within the Jinnah Garden space near Model Colony in Malir almost a minute earlier than touchdown.

It remains to be too early to say if there are extra survivors from the tragedy, by the replace has supplied a glimmer of hope to rescue groups racing to avoid wasting as many souls as they’ll.

The BOP president was shifted to the Darul Sehat Hospital after being recovered from the crash web site and is reportedly out of hazard. He spoke to his mom on the cellphone and knowledgeable her about his well being.

Masud sustained fractures to his hip and collar bones, the Darul Sehat Hospital’s administration mentioned, including that there have been no burn marks on his physique, solely scratches.

According to the hospital administration, Masud’s CT scan had been executed and he was out of hazard. His brother was with him within the hospital.

Another survivor confirmed

Sindh authorities spokesperson Senator Murtaza Wahab later confirmed that there are two individuals who miraculously survived the crash.

The survivors’ names “are Zafar Masood & Mohd Zubair” and “both are in stable condition”, Wahab mentioned on Twitter.

Sindh Education Minister Senator Saeed Ghani additionally visited the opposite survivor recognized as Mohammad Zubair.

The survivor of the airplane crash additionally gave an announcement during which he mentioned the airplane began jolting earlier than touchdown.

“The next moment there was a hard crash and I lost consciousness,” mentioned Zubair, including that when he got here awakened there was “smoke everywhere”.

The hospital administration mentioned Zubair confronted minor accidents and was at present undertreatment on the burns ward.

Reports indicated that the airplane’s tail-end hit the bottom first and that anybody who survived was seated within the entrance portion.