New Delhi: In a surprising incident of animal abuse in Kerala’s Malappuram district, a pregnant elephant not too long ago died after consuming a pineapple stuffed with firecrackers, supplied to her allegedly by some locals. The tragic incident got here to mild after a forest officer in Malappuram district shared the main points of the horrific incident on his Facebook web page.
As per particulars shares on social media, the wild elephant got here out of the forest, meandering into a close-by village seeking meals. As she walked on the streets, locals supplied her the cracker-laden pineapple. The fruit exploded within the pregnant elephant’s mouth and he or she met her tragic finish.
Forest officer Mohan Krishnan, who was a part of the Rapid Response Team to rescue the elephant, wrote on Facebook in Malayalam, “She trusted everyone. When the pineapple she ate exploded, she must have been shocked not thinking about herself, but about the child, she was going to give birth to in 18 to 20 months.”
The cracker explosion in her mouth is acknowledged to have badly injured her tongue and mouth. In searing ache and starvation, she walked across the village however was unable to eat something due to her accidents.
Krishnan wrote, “She didn’t harm a single human being even when she ran in searing pain in the streets of the village. She didn’t crush a single home. This is why I said, she is full of goodness.”
Krishnan additionally shared images of the elephant, who later walked as much as the Velliyar River and stood there. Photos confirmed her standing within the river together with her mouth and trunk in water. The forest officer mentioned she did this to keep away from flies and different bugs on her wounds.
Even as forest officers introduced two captive elephants to guide her out of the river, however the effort was in useless. After hours of makes an attempt to rescue her, she died at four pm on May 27, standing in water, the forest officer mentioned.