SC orders restoration of Rs33m from Karak temple assault accused


ISLAMABAD:

The Supreme Court ordered on Wednesday for the restoration of Rs33 million from the accused concerned in burning the Hindu temple in Karak, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, inside a month, and allowed the Hindu neighborhood to rebuild their temple there on as a lot land as they wished.

A two-judge bench of apex courtroom, led by Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed, heard the suo motu case concerning destruction of the Hindu non secular website by a mob in December 2020. In the case, 123 persons are accused of being concerned, whereas the Ok-P authorities has spent Rs33 million on the restoration of the temple.

The bench requested the Ok-P chief secretary to recuperate all quantity spent on the restoration of the temple and submit a report inside one month. However, Ok-P Advocate General Shumail Butt said that trial of the accused individuals was nonetheless persevering with and somebody is perhaps discovered harmless.

Read: Karak Hindu shrine assault ‘rooted in past’

He requested if somebody was discovered harmless what could be performed with the recovered quantity. The chief justice stated that it was a judicial order. He additionally stated that the Hindu neighborhood might develop the place of worship, including that if native people promote land, the Hindu neighborhood can construct the temple.

Earlier, the Ok-P authorities stated in its report that the bone of competition was the extension within the Samadhi/prayer space of the temple. It added that the Muslim inhabitants was in opposition to any extension within the Samadhi space.

The undoing of separating wall – between Samadhi and moreover bought land – shall be taken as extension of Samadhi space, the report stated. “That may result in an uproar among Muslim community, and fan tension and violence in the area,” it added.

Regarding the safety measures, the Ok-P authorities said that ample deployment of safety personnel, with a devoted unit, had been ensured, whereas a peace settlement was reached between the 2 communities below the supervision of the Ok-P chief minister on March 11, 2021.

“This agreement was aimed at ensuring permanent peace through establishing cordial relation between the two communities. The parties reiterated their resolve for respecting constitutional rights of each other and resorted to practice the time-tested traditional principles of apologies and forgiveness respectively to bury the hatchet,” the Ok-P authorities stated.

Also learn: Karak Hindu temple reconstruction begins

It stated that the settlement had been useful in orchestrating good relations between the 2 communities, including that different needed steps had been additionally taken as the federal government, by a proactive approach, arrested the culprits very quickly.

“The arrested persons were allowed bail from courts. However, Notices for recovery of cost were served to all the arrested persons dated 12/02/2021, through Superintendent Jail Kohat,” it added.

On the opposite hand, Pakistan Hindu Council Patron-in-Chief Dr Ramesh Kumar said in his report that the Hindu neighborhood was coerced to enter into the out-of-court settlement.

“Finally, an agreement – penned down by notables, religious leaders of the Muslim community and public representatives of area [of] District Karak themselves – was signed between the very authors of agreement, duly authorised by offenders from jail and representatives of Hindu community,” he stated.

Besides the Ok-P chief minister, he added, provincial minister Ziaullah Bangash, provincial home secretary, Kohat Commissioner and Karak Deputy Commissioner additionally signed the settlement as witnesses and guarantors.

“The main points of the agreement are that religious leaders and public representatives of District Karak duly authorised by offenders in Kohat jail, condemn incidents of 1997 and 2020 and apologised over,” the report stated.

“No hurdle would be created in exercise of the rights guaranteed to minorities, by Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, already framed in light of Shariat-e-Muhammadi (PBUH).”

The report additional stated that consequently all of the culprits had been bailed out from the jail, with out even ready for the restoration of the Mandir and restoration of the reconstruction price from offenders, as per orders of the Supreme Court on January 5, 2021.

It added that the Hindu neighborhood revered the settlement and raised no objection, however alarm bells had been raised, when the Ok-P authorities issued a letter to the advocate common to withdraw the circumstances of such heinous crime altogether, with out bothering to take the Hindu neighborhood into confidence.

The report stated that the Hindu neighborhood had agreed to cooperate for the bail to the culprits however not for setting them free and not using a trial.

“Moreover, very basic point of agreement, which was an all-time guarantee to Hindu community, against future misadventure, was not only forgotten – nay backtracked from – by the offenders but the high-level guarantors too,” the report continued.

“Consequently, to complete astonishment of Hindu community, the very responsible guarantors started intimidating Hindu community to either accept unjustified demands of these miscreants or settle issues with them,” it stated.

“The intent/mood of KPK government officers can well be assessed from the fact that no recovery of restoration/reconstruction cost has so far (9 months passed) been made, wilfully ignoring orders of apex court on 05.01.2021,” the report added.

“Thus, emboldening the miscreants that they came out unscathed, even after such a horrifying crime of International proportions/repercussions and Supreme Court orders of recovery too did not affect them.”

The report additionally stated that the Punjab authorities restored the Bhong Mandir inside a interval of few weeks, most likely invoking the emergency clauses of the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority very rightly.

However, it added that the Ok-P authorities wasted greater than two months in tendering formalities and allowed six months’ time – September 6, 2021 – to the contractor for completion of the duty. Now greater than 9 months after the tragedy and expiry of 1 month extra, than the contract interval, a number of elements had been even not began but.

Back to top button

Adblocker detected! Please consider reading this notice.

We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading. We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads! We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising. Please add www.postofasia.com to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.