HomeCelebrityJonathan Majors Breaks Silence After Being Found Guilty Of Assault & Harassment...

Jonathan Majors Breaks Silence After Being Found Guilty Of Assault & Harassment Of Grace Jabbari (Video)

Date:

Related stories

Jonathan Majors is opening up in his first interview since being convicted of assault and harassment against his ex-girlfriend. As The Shade Room previously reported, Majors was found guilty of third-degree assault and harassment against Grace Jabbari on December 18, 2023.
At the time, the actor was also found not guilty on another third-degree assault charge and second-degree aggravated harassment.
However, the following day, reports surfaced that Marvel Studios dropped Majors. Furthermore, the 34-year-old was removed from a starring role in the upcoming film, ‘Avengers: The Kang Dynasty.’
RELATED: REPORT: Jonathan Majors Dropped By Marvel Studios After Assault & Harassment Conviction
Jonathan Majors Opens Up About Received The Guilty Verdict & His Ex’s Assault Claims
The actor sat down for an exclusive interview with Linsey Davis of ABC News, which was released on Monday, January 8. During their conversation, Majors spoke about being found guilty on two out of four misdemeanor charges.
“Shocked. I was absolutely shocked… and afraid. I remember standing there and the verdict comes down.. I say, ‘How is that possible based off the evidence, based off the prosecution’s evidence, let alone our evidence? How is that possible?” he told Davis.
Additionally, Majors referred to the initial incident between him and Jabbari as a “situation” he put himself in. As The Shade Room previously reported, Jabbari accused Majors of assaulting her while they were in a taxi in March 2023.
Majors allegedly left the woman with a “fractured finger, bruising about her body, a laceration behind her right ear, and a bump on her head.”
“That did not happen,” the actor told Davis.
Davis then asked Majors how Jabbari sustained those injuries.
“I wish to God I knew,” he replied. “That would give clarity. That would give me some type of peace about it.”
The Actor Addresses The Surveillance Footage Of Him & Grace Jabbari
As The Shade Room previously reported, during the trial, surveillance footage surfaced of Majors and Jabbari outside of their taxi following the alleged assault.
In the clip, Majors and Jabbari can be seen standing outside of the tax. He picks her up and then places her back inside the vehicle before turning around to run away.
Ultimately, Jabbari chases after the actor for what appears to be a prolonged amount of time and distance.
“If you watch those videos, and you reverse that, and you saw a Black man chasing a young white girl down the street, screaming and crying, that man is going to be shot and killed in the streets of New York City,” he said.
Furthermore, Majors opened up about photos of his injuries from that evening, which were deemed inadmissible in court.
“I was scratched on my hand from [her] clawing for the phone, and I had a gash on my — at the time, I had a beard,” he told Davis. “…And that bled overnight.”
Jonathan Majors Details His Relationship With Grace Jabbari
During the interview, Majors also reflected on the prosecutors’ description of disagreements he shared with Jabbari. The actor admitted to “completely” losing her temper and behaving in manners he wouldn’t want to see from his child.
Additionally, Majors addressed audio of him instructing Jabbari to behave like Coretta Scott King or Michelle Obama.
“It was me trying to give an analogy,” Major explained with a slight chuckle. “Of what it is I’m aspiring to be… and trying to give a reference point to that. One of the things I also say is that I need her, in that case, Grace, to make the same sacrifices I am making.”
The actor ultimately explained that he “shouldn’t have been in the car” with Jabbari. He admitted that he also should not have “stepped out” on his ex-girlfriend while explaining that he “shouldn’t have been in the relationship” with her in the first place.
“If I’m not in the car, none of this is happening,” he said. “If I leave the relationship, none of this is happening. If I’m man enough or brave enough to say, ‘I want to see somebody else,’ or ‘I’m done now,’ I’m not in that car [and] we’re not here. I’m responsible for those things [but] not none of her injuries.”
Brittany Henderson, a lawyer for Grace Jabbari, shared a statement with ABC News in response to Major’s comments. Henderson explained that it was “not surprising that Mr. Majors continues to take no accountability for his actions.”
As The Shade Room previously reported, Major’s sentencing is scheduled for February 6. The actor could be sentenced to up to one year in jail. However, he informed the outlet that he plans to appeal his verdict.
As for the future of his career, Majors hopes to return to the big screen.
“I pray I do,” he explained. “But it’s God’s plan and God’s timing.”
Watch footage from Majors’ interview below.

View this post on Instagram


A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom)

Watch as the actor also details the support he’s received from his now-girlfriend, Meagan Good.

View this post on Instagram


A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom)

RELATED: Jonathan Majors & Meagan Good Reportedly Cry In Court As Closing Arguments Are Shared In Actor’s Domestic Assault Trial
The post Jonathan Majors Breaks Silence After Being Found Guilty Of Assault & Harassment Of Grace Jabbari (Video) appeared first on The Shade Room.

Source link

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once

Latest stories

spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here